Economic wrap: US data performing better – Westpac
- November 30, 2016
- Posted by: HumbleTraders
- Category: Market wraps
Analysts at Westpac offered an economic wrap.
“US private sector payrolls (ADP) grew 216k (vs 170k expected). Personal income rose 0.6% in Oct (vs 0.4% expected). The core PCE deflator remained steady at 1.7% yoy.
The MNI-Chicago business barometer jumped from 50.6 to 57.6 (52.5 expected) – the highest reading since Jan 2015, with post-election sentiment probably playing a part.
The Fed’s Beige Book of regional economic conditions said the economy expanded at a modest to moderate pace in most regions from early October through mid-November, as expected.
Economic Event Risks Today
NZ terms of trade for Q3 should show a slight deterioration driven by the earlier weakness in export prices.
Australian CAPEX: mining and commercial building weakness should result in a 5% decline in Q3 although equipment spending should rise 0.5%. On 2016/17 plans, the estimate 3 three months ago was 9.1% – below estimate-three a year ago.
China PMIs have carried a more positive tone of late, with services continuing to lead manufacturing. CNY weakness vs USD has helped but the TWI has been stable. PMIs elsewhere in Asia and Europe are also due.
US ISM manufacturing survey should continue pointing to moderate growth in the sector. In the coming months, the USD’s rise will test.”
Source: Fx News
Warning! This E-Book improve your trading dramatically
9 Powerful Forex Trading Strategies
42 pages E-Book teaching you the most successful Trading Strategies
Strategies include step-by-step instructions for Momentum and Role Reversal, Heikin-Ashi, RSI and Moving Average Crossover, Candlesticks and more
- Daily Price Action Analysis – 28th March. USD pairs engulfed before Article 50 trigger March 28, 2017
- Daily Price Action Analysis – 27th March. EURUSD at major resistance March 27, 2017
- Weekly Fundamental Analysis. Week ending 2nd April. USD lower across March 27, 2017
- Daily-Elliott-wave-analysis-03-27-17 Wave count calls another 200 point plunge in the DOW! March 27, 2017
- C.O.T Report – Week 11. Speculators pile up on EUR and cover 60% CAD longs March 26, 2017